Neighborhood Garage Crawl Concept
With the trying times our local breweries are currently facing I've been kicking around some concepts on how to help promote to go beer patronage. If you are like me you are jonesing for some social interaction. I'm literally losing my mind trapped in this house with my 2 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cars, 2 fish and the voices in my head.
So I cooked up the idea of a neighborhood garage crawl to help stimulate some to go beer buying, get my neighbors out and about being socially responsible, and still being able to interact around a topic most people adore- good local beer.
So here is the garage crawl we are doing in Headwaters on Friday Sept 4th to kick start the holiday weekend:
- Neighbors signed up in advance to participate in the event
- Everyone participating will go to a local brewery and purchase a set number of cans to go of one style of beer.
- at 6pm on Friday all participating neighbors will leave a cooler filled with their beer offering at the end of their driveway.
- All participants then travel around the neighborhood to the driveway coolers and grab 1 beer out of the cooler (Hand sanitizer is requested to be at each station)
- You continue around the neighborhood until you return home to an empty driveway cooler but a full bounty of a variety of local beers to fill it with.
- After the crawl is over we will offer a beer exchange for anyone that has something they know they are not going to enjoy.
That's the concept in a nutshell. Right now we have over 20 hours participating and as long as everyone keeps it local that will be a nice shot in the arm for our local small businesses to start their holiday weekend.
Does this sound like something your neighborhood would enjoy doing? Belterra, High Pointe, Sunset Canyon, Howard Ranch, Caliterra....etc.? Let us know and we will be happy to fill you in on how our first attempt fared. At the end of the day I would love to make this something we do in the Fall to get people out and about as the weather finally cools down.
Drink local friends!